Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack APPLY NOW
Silk + Sonder is in the business of building bridges - taking people from life’s chaos, anxiety, and stress to joy, productivity, and intention with ease. Founded by Meha Agrawal, former Stitch Fix / Goldman Sachs software engineer, and backed by Redpoint, Tim Kendall, and Gokul Rajaram, Silk + Sonder’s science-backed, holistic approach to daily mental wellbeing has landed us 4.9 stars on the App Store, millions in revenue, and tens of thousands of devoted brand fanatics all across the country. We are well on our way to disrupting the $450Bn self-care industry. Through personalization, accountability, and accessibility, we are committed to making mental wellness a proactive affair, and catalyzing positive change and fulfillment in our customers’ lives no matter what setback or milestone they face.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our development team. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of frontend, backend, and mobile software applications. Your responsibilities will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, performance testing, and systems integration.
To ensure success as a full stack engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, experience with application development, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Top-rated full stack engineers create and implement advanced software systems that perfectly meet the needs of the company.
You will collaborate with and report to the Founder & CEO to help make Silk + Sonder a household name. You will be instrumental in paving the way for company culture which means that you should have a results-driven mindset, a willingness to embrace your inner child, and a growth-mindset.
Our Full Stack Technologies
- Github/Github Actions
Our Engineering Practices
- Continuous Feedback
- Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration
- Agile Development
- Lean Startup
- Test Driven Development / BDD
Full Stack Engineer Responsibilities
- Help scale our system for 10x growth
- Write and maintain Terraform configurations to apply infrastructure changes to AWS
- Develop GraphQL APIs using TDD practices to support our mobile apps and internal systems
- Work with the team to develop and maintain iOS/Android features
- Work with a host of third-party services like Branch.io, Amplitude, Segment.io, LaunchDarkly, Shopify, Stripe, Klaviyo, OneSignal, Twilio, Sendgrid, Atlassian, Github, Slack, Airbyte, etc
Full Stack Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- Previous experience as a full stack engineer.
- Proficient in back-end languages including NodeJS and Typescript.
- Deep knowledge of database systems/SQL for DBs such as Postgres, BigQuery, and/or MongoDB
- Strong willingness to learn and apply new technologies
- Able to work on Android and iOS development
Soft Skill Requirements
- Ability to take vague ideas and concepts and fully run with it
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- High-level project management skills.
- Passionate about technology, engineering, and entrepreneurship
- Desire to be a team player and work with a fantastic driven people
- Direct impact on improving women’s relationships with themselves as well as with others
- Collaborative, fast-paced team environment that offers ownership and autonomy alongside working with incredibly smart, authentic people
- Competitive compensation + equity participation
- Flexible work-from-anywhere-anytime policy (we love world travelers, homebodies, and everything in between as long as things get done!)
- Unlimited vacation + company holidays
- Introspective, wellness experiences and retreats