Wholesale Account Manager APPLY NOW
About Silk + Sonder:
Silk + Sonder is in the business of building bridges - taking people from life’s chaos, anxiety, and stress to joy, productivity, and intention with ease. Founded in 2019 by Meha Agrawal, former Stitch Fix / Goldman Sachs software engineer, and backed by a slate of top investors including Redpoint Ventures, Tim Kendall, and Gokul Rajaram, Silk + Sonder’s science-backed, holistic approach to daily mental wellbeing has landed us 4.9 stars on the App Store, millions in revenue, and tens of thousands of devoted brand fanatics all across the country - well on our way to disrupting the $450Bn self-care industry. Through personalization, accountability, and accessibility, we are committed to making mental wellness a proactive affair, and catalyzing positive change and fulfillment in our customers’ lives, no matter what setback or milestone they face.
About the Role
Silk + Sonder is looking for a highly motivated and results-driven Wholesale Account Manager to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop innovative sales strategies to help close inbound and outbound opportunities. You will have a direct impact on making Silk + Sonder a household name by partnering with businesses from various channels to bring Silk + Sonder’s physical product line to their customer base.
At Silk + Sonder, we are looking for ambitious, resourceful, self-motivated, and kind candidates who have an ownership mentality, a champion mindset, and a hunger to get things done. Ideal should embody our company core values of:
- Drive - hungry and ambitious, always learning.
- Speed - rapid rate of learning, high speed of execution
- Excellence - optimizes for success, goes the extra mile
- Radical Thoughtfulness - deliberate and intentional
- Relentless Optimism - champion mindset / finds gifts and opportunities in challenges
- Lean - scrappy but not sloppy
- Responsible for all sales and business development for our alternative channel retail partners (e.g., boutique gift stores, corporate offices, universities, coffee shops, fitness studios, hotels, etc)
- Identify prospective channel opportunities, generate leads and convert / retain clients.
- Own and deliver on an annual sales quota moving deals from initial qualification to closed-won pipeline stage and generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- Work with our warehouse and partners to qualify opportunities that turn into engagements and sales with alternative channel retailers.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Development, and Customer Success teams to provide feedback and drive sales
- Oversee and guide all territory planning and execution
- Develop and execute professional sales presentations
- Develop and submit a sales forecast
- Proactively manage for short-term targets and long-term priorities
- Develop and grow relationships with your key accounts and distributors that serve them
- Maintain and grow sales on existing platforms such as Faire and new platforms
- Work with the marketing team to help develop and execute sales events, trade shows, and promotions.
- Participate in national and customer specific trade shows
- Resolve any issues faced by customers and deal with opportunities to maintain trust
- Utilize our CRM (Insightly) platform for updating sales calls, territory analysis and activities, and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2-3 years of account management / sales experience (bonus points if you’ve worked at a startup as well)
- Experience selling consumer products preferred, but not required
- Relationships with buyers, distributors, and retailers in the alternative channel consumer products industry are a major plus
- Highly motivated by targets and a proven track record in sales
- Exceptional selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel 1-2 times per month, sometimes on very little notice if a deal requires it
- Knowledge of Office 365, Google Docs, and CRM Management (Hubspot. Salesforce, Insightly, or similar system)
- Self-motivated, resourceful, curious, and ambitious - you must be able to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and effectively manage time
- Direct impact on improving women’s relationships with themselves as well as with others
- Collaborative, fast-paced team environment that offers ownership and autonomy alongside working with incredibly smart, authentic people
- Flexible work-from-anywhere-anytime policy (we love world travelers, homebodies, and everything in between as long as things get done!)
- Competitive compensation, equity participation, and 401k
- Health, vision, and dental plans
- Unlimited vacation + company holidays