35 Angela Duckworth Quotes On Grit and Resilience
Leigh Weingus •
Angela Duckworth, a renowned psychologist, professor, and author, is famous for her research on grit, perseverance, and resilience. She is best known for her pioneering work on "grit," which she defines as the combination of passion and perseverance for long-term goals. Her in-depth research has shown that grit is actually a greater better predictor of success than talent, intelligence, or any other factor.
Duckworth's research on grit has had a significant impact on the fields of psychology, education, and business. Her work has challenged the more traditional notions of success and highlighted the importance of perseverance and resilience in achieving long-term goals. Grit is not just about working hard, she explains, but also about working smart and maintaining a growth mindset.
Her research has helped to inspire a new generation of leaders, educators, and parents to focus on cultivating grit in themselves and those around them. Intrigued by this concept? We certainly are—and we really believe a grit- and growth-based mindset is one of the very best mindsets you can adopt.
With that in mind, here are 35 Angela Duckworth quotes to inspire you, develop resilience, and above all, remind you of importance of grit.
35 Angela Duckworth Quotes
1. "Grit is living life like it's a marathon, not a sprint."
2. "Without effort, your talent is nothing more than your unmet potential."
3. "The greatest predictor of success is grit."
4. "Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals."
5. "Our potential is one thing. What we do with it is another."
6. "To be gritty is to keep putting one foot in front of the other. It's not a sprint; it's a marathon."
7. "Passion for your work is a little bit of discovery, followed by a lot of development, and then a lifetime of deepening."
8. "The only way to truly succeed is to embrace failure."
9."Grit is about holding the same top-level goal for a very long time."
10. "Grit is not just about stubborn persistence. It's also about choosing the right goals."
11. "Talent x effort = skill. Skill x effort = achievement."
12. "The only way to get to the top of the mountain is one step at a time."
13. "Grit is about working on something you care about so much that you're willing to stay loyal to it."
14. "Without deliberate practice, you can only maintain your current abilities."
15. "We can all learn to be grittier, and we should be teaching our kids to be grittier."
16. "To be gritty is to fall down seven times and rise eight."
17. "Success is not a one-time event. It's a continuous journey."
18. "We need to stop telling people that they're special and start encouraging them to work harder."
19. "People who are gritty are resilient, and they don't give up easily."
20. "Grit is a combination of passion and perseverance for a long-term goal."
21. "The road to success is not a straight line."
22. "People who are gritty tend to be more successful, even if they're not the smartest or the most talented."
23. "Grit is not just about working incredibly hard. It's also about working smart."
24. "Grit is about maintaining a growth mindset and believing that your abilities can be developed."
25. "The most successful people are not the ones who never fail, but the ones who learn from their failures."
26. "If you want to be gritty, you need to find a way to make your work meaningful."
27. "To be gritty is to keep working when others would have given up."
28. "It's not about being the best. It's about being better than you were yesterday."
29. "If you want to be successful, you have to be willing to fail."
30. "Grit is about doing the hard work, day in and day out, without immediate reward."
31. "The secret to success is not talent, but effort."
32. "Success is a journey, not a destination."
33. "If you want to be successful, you have to put in the time and effort."
34. "Grit is about staying committed to your goals, even when it's hard."
35. "If you want to achieve your goals, you have to be willing to sacrifice."
Looking for more inspirational quotes? Give these ones a read: