55 Journaling Prompts for Spring
Leigh Weingus •
Spring is here, which brings a renewed sense of energy and a feeling of excitement. As we pack away bulky winter coats and boots, after a cold winter, the chirping birds and vibrant blossoms suddenly remind us that anything is possible
To help you harness the transformative power of this magical season, we’ve compiled a list of journaling prompts to help you reflect and get excited about what’s ahead. Happy writing!
55 Journaling Prompts for Spring
1. What have you been putting off doing? How can you make sure it happens this spring?
2. Would you rather spend a beautiful spring day hiking in nature or planting a garden?
3. What’s your favorite thing about wintertime?
4. List three creative activities you can partake in this spring.
5. What do you want to make sure you get done before summer hits?
6. What is one thing that’s been making you happy lately?
7. Think of a tough moment, day, or week you experienced over the past few months. What made it so hard?
8. What’s your stress level like right now? If it’s high, what action steps can you take to lower it this spring?
9. The best thing to do in springtime is ...
10. List three ways your life is different this year compared to last yea1. List two or three activities you love that will get you outside.
11. Write about a recent memory that you don’t want to forget
12. What are you most looking forward to this spring?
13. Name three people you want to make plans with this spring
14. Describe something you experience with each of your senses every spring
15. What’s your favorite dish that uses spring produce?
16. Do you prefer rain or sunshine? Why?
17. Spring is a good time to check in on any goals or intentions you set at the beginning of the year. How are you doing on those?
18. How do seasonal changes tend to impact your life? Do they bring about a feeling of excitement or uneasiness?
19. What holidays do you celebrate in the spring? What do you most enjoy about those holidays?
20. Do you typically become more social as the weather warms up? If so, why?
21. Create a (doable!) spring bucket list
22. Do you plan to do any spring cleaning in the next few months? If so, describe how you’ll tackle this task, and the most important rooms of your home to target
23. List five items in your closet that you can’t wait to wear again this spring
24. Write down what your ideal spring Saturday looks like
25. What is your favorite spring flower?
26. What would be your perfect spring vacation?
27. Go outside with your journal. Write down anything beautiful you see, nature-related or otherwise.
28. How can you allow the warmer weather to help you change up your workout routine?
29. Adults don’t typically get a spring break. But if you did have one, what would you do with it?
30. What are your goals for this season?
31. What’s your absolute favorite thing about spring?
32. If you could spend spring anywhere in the world, where would it be?
33. What’s one habit you want to leave behind as the seasons change?
34. Since winter is still fresh in your mind, what do you think you could do “better” next winter? An example of this might include more bundled up walks outside, or choosing reading over Netflix marathons
35. Are there any festive spring events in your city or town? How can you take advantage of them?
36. What does spring symbolize for you?
37. What changes can you make this spring?
38. A change — like a change in season — is a great time to craft a new routine. What would you like to tweak about your routine this spring?
39. Write through your ideal spring vacation
40. Have you started thinking about your summer goals yet? What are they
41. What’s your favorite way to spend a rainy day?
42. How can you better take in the beauty of nature this spring?
43. Describe what spring is like in your city or town. What does it look like? What are people’s moods like?
44. If you had complete control over the weather, what would your perfect spring weather day be like?
45. What are your intentions this spring?
46. List your best family memories of spring
47. As the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers. What do you love most about the rain?
48. What’s the number one “signal” or sign of springtime for you?
49. How can you get out of your comfort zone this spring?
50. What scents does spring evoke?
51. What's your dominant emotion when you can sense spring is on the way?
52. What can you do differently this spring to make the season stand out for you?
53. What can you do to make the most of the season?
54. Describe your perfect spring day, from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed.
55. How does self-care change for you when the weather warms up?
Next, here are 100 affirmations that can get your morning off to a great start. And while you're at it, subscribe to Silk + Sonder today.
I would love a downloadable pdf of this list. I’m afraid I’ll forget to come back here to check it.
Silk + Sonder replied:
Thanks for the suggestion! We’re working on this for you.
Michele MAR 31, 2022