41 Affirmations for Setting Better Boundaries
Leigh Weingus •
When it comes to setting boundaries, affirmations can be a helpful tool. Strong boundaries help create guidelines for how you want to be treated, and positive affirmations can help you get there.
One of the first steps to creating better boundaries, though, is understanding exactly what they are and how they work. Here's everything you need to know.
What Are Boundaries?
First things first: What are boundaries, anyway? You can think of boundaries as an "invisible line" that enforces which behaviors and actions are important are acceptable for you. An example of someone with good boundaries is someone who is able to stay true to themselves, prioritize self-care, and say no to certain people and activities.
41 Affirmations for Boundaries
Here are 41 affirmations that will help you set better boundaries:
1. I am worthy of self-care
2. It's OK to say no
3. My time and energy are valuable
4. I am more than enough
5. I can handle whatever live throw at me
6. I am resilient
7. Everyone doesn't need to like me
8. When people respect my boundaries, they show that they respect me
9. I honor my individuality
10. I take pride in my accomplishments
11. I can find peace within myself
12. There's no such thing as perfection
13. Sometimes we must take risks in order to reach new heights
14. Even when I fall down, I get back up again
15. No matter what happens, I can handle it
16. I am stronger than I think
17. Everything in moderation
18. No problem lasts forever
19. I trust my intuition
20. I let go of resistance
21. I am patient with myself
22. I accept that I cannot control everything
23. I deserve to be listened to
24. Every day is precious to me
25. I cannot control everything
26. I allow myself to cry
27. I am sensitive to the boundaries of others and expect them to be sensitive to mine
28. My boundaries are an act of self-respect
29. I am comfortable with being assertive
30. I can choose who and what I want in my life
31. Getting serious about my boundaries shows personal growth
32. It's not my responsibility if others respect more from me than I can give
33. My boundaries are clearly defined
34. It's rewarding to honor my boundaries
35. It's OK to need alone time
36. I feel powerful when I preserve my energy
37. Staying off of my phone and social media can be an act of resistance
38. I feel safe when I enforce my boundaries
39. Having clear boundaries makes it easier to enforce them
40. The more I practice enforcing my boundaries, the easier it will be
41. My boundaries are allowed to change just as I am
How to Strengthen Boundaries
While positive thoughts and affirmations around boundary-setting are incredibly helpful, they don't always feel like the whole picture—sometimes, strengthening your boundaries requires a little extra work.
First, it's important to get clear on what your boundaries are. Do you need an hour to yourself every day after work? Is sleep a non-negotiable? Is there a family member who is taking up too much of your time and needs some limits put in place?
Once you've done that, feel free to call in whatever reinforcements you need to make sure you stay true to your boundaries. Talk to a therapist, practice regular meditation, pour your energy into wellness, take time away from Instagram and Facebook, and do whatever you need to do to nurture your inner child and protect your mental health. Before you know it, you'll see how clearly strong boundaries are benefiting your life.
Want more great blog posts? Start with these ones: