"The universe has your back." It's a line you probably heard a handful of years back, and it's a Gabrielle Bernstein quote—and also happens to be the title of her bestselling book. Bernstein is an author, podcast host, and motivational speaker.
She's written eight books on important and enlightening topics, including how to attract what you want, detoxing from judgement, believing in miracles, and so much more.
Gabrielle Bernstein Quotes
1. "We can be the victim of the world we see, or we can choose to perceive difficult past experiences as a catalyst for change."
2. "Remember that you are a spirit having a human experience."
3. "The key to true serenity is trusting that the universe has your back."
4. "The issues in our lives offer us a choice: we can let them take over, or we can let them help us pivot toward grace."
5. "When you feel good, you give off a presence of joy that can elevate everyone around you."
6. "Living from achievement to achievement is an addictive pattern that holds us back from truly enjoying the richness of life."
7. "The reason you want every single thing that you want, is because you think you will feel really good when you get there. But if you don’t feel really good on your way to there, you can’t get there. You have to be satisfied with what-is while you’re reaching for more."
8. "Whenever you notice yourself falling back into negative thoughts, repeat your affirmation a few times in a row to replace the low-vibe momentum."
9. "Accepting rejection as guidance gives you another opportunity to follow the flow of the Universe and strengthen your faith in a plan better than your own."
10. "You can choose how you perceive your world. You are the dreamer of your dream."
11. "Every thought you have is a message you send to the Universe. The Universe is always saying YES to your thoughts, energy, and emotions. Therefore, what you put out you will receive back—whether you want it or not."
12. "Each thought we have emits energy. That energy either brings us closer to the supportive flow of the Universe or resists it."
13. "Say this prayer silently or out loud to yourself: I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present."
14. "The issues in our lives offer us a choice: we can let them take over, or we can let them help us pivot toward grace."
15. "Each day brings new opportunities to lean toward fear or lean into love."
16. "The Universe doesn’t respond as well to frantic energy. Rather, the Universe vibrates at a positive frequency, and to co-create with it, your energy must align with that frequency."
17. "The very second we choose a loving thought, our emotions shift and our energy changes. This is realignment with the Universe."
18. "When you let difficult situations dominate your life, you give them power and momentum."
19. "Low-vibe thoughts become addictive, and as with any addiction, we need to interrupt the pattern to heal it."
20. "Do I wish to see this in the dark, or do I wish to see this in the light?"
21. "You can’t control what people say or do, but you can control how you choose to perceive it."
22. "When things don’t go our way, our immediate reaction is to dwell in negativity. We can’t even imagine feeling good in the midst of something going wrong. But feeling good is the quickest way out of what is wrong."
23. "At one point Deepak said that when you’re happy for a particular reason, you’re still in misery—because that reason can be taken from you tomorrow."
24. "As long as you’re relying on your will, your plans, and your timeline, you’ll feel blocked and fearful—stressed in the present, worried about the future, unsure of decisions, and so on. But the moment you let go and allow, an energy of support will take over."
25. "Rejection can be the greatest guidance of all."
26. “I’ve learned that fear is simply an illusion based on past experiences that we project into the present and onto the future.”
27. “It’s very easy to look for happiness outside ourselves; in a relationship, a dream job, or the perfect body weight. When we chase happiness externally, we’re simply looking for God in all the wrong places. The outside search is based on false projections we place on the world. These projections build up a wall against true happiness, which lies within us.”
28. “Choosing love will bring you great joy and great happiness—that happiness is a choice you make.”
29. “I believe in any kind of personal growth practice that can help you gather the tools that you can then apply to resentment, anger, pain, and rage in order to heal your past resentments toward yourself and others, and then deal with them in the moment so you don’t carry them for a decade or more.”
30. “The simple intention to surrender control is all you need to experience miracles.”
31. “There’s a fine line between helping others and being a people pleaser, and mistaking one for the other can be hugely detrimental. When we put others’ needs before our own, we deplete our energy, which can lead to depression, physical illness, and overwhelm.”
32. “Bring acceptance and compassionate self-talk. Say nice things to yourself – you’re the only one listening. Tell yourself, I am doing the best I can.”
33. “The people who inspire me most are those who are willing to see the world from a loving perspective. People who perceive obstacles as opportunities and problems as spiritual assignments. People who choose love.”
34. “You have to be ready to receive help, whether that be through a book, a therapist or counselor, or a doctor of some kind. That willingness can lead you through a door to the other side, and that’s where healing can truly begin.
35. “The moment you accept that there’s a guidance system supporting you, then you experience a new sense of freedom and peace.”
36. “Your energy has far more power than you can even imagine. There is energy in your spoken words, in your emails, and in your physical presence.”
37. “If you stay in that new flow of positive behavior, it’s hard to revert back to old patterns. But if you do fall off, just forgive yourself, recover quickly, and get right back on.”
38. “Neglecting passion blocks creative flow. When you’re passionate, you’re energized. Likewise, when you lack passion, your energy is low and unproductive. Energy is everything when it comes to being successful.”
39. “Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.”
40. “The more you retrain yourself to choose happiness over fear, the more blissful you will be.”
41. “Sometimes your higher self will guide you to make mistakes so you can learn lessons.”
42. “Be faithful that your authentic power is all you need to truly share your light with the world.”
43. “Today I no longer need to change the world around me. I just need to change the way I see it.”
44. “Whenever you notice your thoughts detour into attack mode, say out loud or to yourself: Happiness is a choice I make.”
45. "Letting go of control, that's actually when you're safe."
46. “The first thing is to be willing. You must become willing to feel the discomfort that’s occurred and/or shown up. Some of it is taking ownership of your part in the situation, to clean it up and be willing to make amends.”
47. “Much of our anxiety and stress comes when we’re focused on fear and disconnected from the voice of our inner guide.”
48. “Healing opportunities can be disguised as people who really piss you off. Pay attention because they could be your greatest teachers.”
49. “The truth is that fear cannot coexist with love. Therefore, we must learn how to dissolve all boundaries with love by taking responsibility for our own energy. In doing so, we’ll raise the energy around us.”
50. “We won’t let ourselves feel our anger, rage, and pain. We push it down or anesthetize it through drugs, alcohol, shopping, or whatever we do in order not to feel it. When that memory and the associated feelings get lodged down there in our soul, the feelings are still there. They don’t just magically go away. We have to give ourselves the opportunity to feel them.”
Want more great blog posts? Give these ones a read: