It's a natural instinct to want to figure out what we're meant to do in this one big, beautiful life we've been given, and sometimes it's just not that obvious. That's where journaling prompts to help you find your life purpose come in: A few long (or short) journaling sessions can be all you need to figure out what you need to do to live your best life, and one you're proud of.
Of course, you shouldn't expect to have that "aha" moment after just a few minutes of writing. It can take a bit of time to find meaning through self-discovery journaling prompts, so remember to be patient with yourself as you move through this journey.
25 Life Purpose Journaling Prompts
1. What are your favorite hobbies, and why?
2. Close your eyes and think about what you're grateful for. What comes up, and what do you think that means for you?
3. What does your ideal day look like?
4. When you lose track of time, what are you typically doing?
5. What's your favorite book, and what do you love about it?
6. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you're doing now?
7. What's the most important relationship in your life, and why?
8. When was the last time you felt really engrossed in a task, and what were you doing?
9. When do you feel the most loved?
10. Take a moment to write about all the things you worry about. Of those things, which ones are truly important?
11. When do you feel most like your authentic self?
12. How would you rate your mental health right now? What do you think you could start doing (or stop doing) to improve it?
13. Taking money out of the equation, what's your dream career?
14. What do you think you could do to help make the world a better place?
15. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
16. Do you feel lost in your life? If so, write about that.
17. Write a letter to yourself about what you think your true purpose in life is — even if you don't quite know.
18. Start journaling about absolutely anything, and see where the journal entry takes you.
19. What do you do to help others? Do you think there's more you could be doing?
20. What does "living your truth" mean to you?
21. How can you take something you're already good at and do something different with it?
22. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
23. How can you use your talents to benefit humanity as a whole?
24. How do you want to be remembered by your grandchildren?
25. What unique qualities do you have?
Want more great blog posts? Give these ones a read: