Mel Robbins is well known for her work as a lawyer and host of the Mel Robbins show. But she's also a motivational speaker, and one with wealths of knowledge on personal growth. She's also written a handful of inspirational books including "The High Habit Five," "Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess," and more.
Needless to say, Mel Robbins quotes are helpful to turn to in difficult times, times when you need courage, or times when you're searching for general inspiration. Here are 75 of her best quotes.
Mel Robbins Quotes
1. "Start before you're ready. Don't prepare, begin."
2. "You need to hear this loud and clear: No one is coming. It is up to you."
3. "You are one decision away from a completely different life."
4. "There will always be someone who can't see your worth. Don't let it be you."
5. "Your feelings don't matter. The only thing that matters is what you do."
6. "You have been assigned this mountain so you can show others that it can be moved."
7. "I was the problem and in five seconds, I could push myself and become the solution."
8. "Passion is not a thing. It's a state of mind."
9. “I have a hard time finding the balance between not beating myself up when it doesn’t happen as fast as I’d like it to, and not wasting time while I wait for it to happen.”
10. “Every phase of your life and career will require a different you. Using the Rule, you’ll become the person you’re meant to become in this next phase of your life.”
11. “I may not be perfect, but I am worthy.”
12. “Procrastination is not a form of laziness at all. It’s a coping mechanism for stress.”
13. “If you have the courage to start, you have the courage to succeed.”
14. "It’s not the big moves that change everything—it’s the smallest ones in your everyday life that do.”
15. “Pushing yourself to take simple actions creates a chain reaction in your confidence and your productivity.”
16. “Win or lose, at least I'm doing something.”
17. “It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.”
18. “You do the same thing every time you whine about problems but do nothing to fix them.”
19. “Will it be your heart that wins, or your fear?”
20. “There is only one you. And there will never be another one."
21. “If you find yourself riddled with self-doubt, remember that the world didn’t say, 'You can’t have this.' You did.”
22. “This is where the #5SecondRule comes into play—you don’t have to want to do it, you just have to push yourself to do it.”
23. “If you want to make your dreams come true, get ready for the long game.”
24. “You’ll never feel like doing what you must do.”
25. “Waiting around for something to change will slowly kill you.”
26. “The problem was very clear. It was me. I was holding myself back, five seconds at a time.”
27. “It’s so sad because waiting for validation will be the death of your dreams.”
28. “Your dreams are your responsibility. No one is coming.”
29. “If you have one of those impulses that are pulling you, if you don’t marry it with an action within 5 seconds, you pull the emergency break and kill the idea.”
30. “Small things are not small at all. They are the most important things of all. And they add up.”
31. “At the end of the day, you are going to need to do more than think if you want to change your life.”
32. “Work expands to whatever time you give it.”
33. “If you don’t learn how to untangle your feelings from your actions, you’ll never unlock your true potential.”
34. “The most obvious, important realities are often the ones that are the hardest to see and talk about.”
35. “Waiting until you are ready will not make it happen. The world doesn’t work that way.”
36. “Every day you have a choice. You can turn toward the pull of your dreams or argue against it. Fighting that desire inside you and telling yourself, It will never happen for me create so much tension in your life.”
37. “She was pushed forward by something way more powerful: herself. That’s what courage is. It’s a push.”
38. “Do it anyway. Part of the reason why you don’t have what you want in your life is because when you don’t feel like doing it, you don’t do it. Your life only gets easier when you do the hard things all the time. Push through your resignation and do it.”
39. "If all you ever do is think about what you want, it’s not a dream—it’s a wish. A dream requires action. It demands partnership. It only becomes real when you find the courage to step toward it.”
40. “That’s how confidence grows—one small, courageous move at a time.”
41. “Getting what you want never feels quite like you think it will.”
42. “When it comes to your dreams, you have two choices: pursue them or be haunted by them.”
43. “You need to celebrate that shit.”
44. “Regardless of how you learned to beat yourself up, the bottom line is if it makes you miserable, you have a responsibility to change it.”
45. “You have no idea how much easier things could be if you stopped being so hard on yourself.”
46. “There are only two words of advice you need to improve any relationship. Say It.”
47. “You’re looking in the wrong mirror when you look for your worth in other people’s approval.”
48. “When you replace that self-doubt and self-criticism that drags you down with self-acceptance and self-love that lifts you up, your life will change.”
49. “Only through action have I unlocked the power inside of me to become the person that I’ve always wanted to be.”
50. “When you stop making yourself wrong for how you’re feeling, you’ll immediately feel better.”
51. “You will never be criticized by someone doing more than you.”
52. “If you can’t value yourself, you will look for validation from other people.”
53. “The snooze button is the perfect symbol of human resistance, and the emblem of anyone who feels stuck.”
54. “Using the Rule strengthens your belief that you do have the ability to control your own fate—because you are proving it to yourself one push at a time.”
55. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.”
56. “As scared as you are to disappoint someone that you love, it’s always worth it to be honest about what you need.”
57. “Most of us don’t even realize how often we hesitate because we’ve done it so often that it’s become a habit.”
58. “Negative thoughts fry your nervous system.”
59. “What I’ve learned the hard way is that having the courage to pursue your dreams is way more important than actually achieving them.”
60. “It’s not because things are difficult that we don’t dare. It’s because we don’t dare that things are difficult.”
61. "Exercise is generally not fun, nor comfortable."
62. "You don't give yourself enough credit ... you are a lot stronger than you think."
63. "Keep your phone out of the bedroom and get outside as often as you can."
64. "When we're stressed, we procrastinate. That's when we're most susceptible to distraction."
65. "If you don't start doing the things you don't feel like doing, you will wake up one year from now in exactly the same place."
66. "There's a big difference between how you feel and what you do."
67. "Facebook is nothing but heavily packaged 'Kodak moments' that bear no relation to how people really live."
68. "Monotony will drive any human relationship or endeavor into a ditch."
69. "All it takes is one moment of courage, one step forward, to change your life."
70. "You may say you fear change, but lack of change is why you feel so blah."
71. “Perspective changes everything. What you take for granted someone else considers a luxury. Spend a little extra time being grateful for what you have today.”
72. "Destiny shuffles the card but we must play the game."
73. "Fun fact: A lot of what weighs you down isn't yours to carry."
74. “Your doubts create mountains. Your actions move them.”
75. "The time is now. Stop hitting the 'snooze' button on your life."
Want more great blog posts? Start with these ones: