Planning quotes can be helpful for those of who believe in the power of meticulous planning, but they can also be useful for people who want to get into an "always plan ahead" mindset. If you're here, we're going to guess you fall into one of those two camps — which is why we're so excited to provide you with a handful of quotes that will help you plan purposefully.
These inspirational quotes are perfect for adding to your vision board, writing in your journal or planner, or pinning to a Pinterest board that you can reference often.
Without further ado, here are the 30 best motivational quotes about planning.
1. "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" — Mary Oliver
2. "Failing to plan is planning to fail." — Allen Lakein
3. "It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." — Eleanor Roosevelt
4. "Planning without action is futile, action without planning is fatal." — Cornelius Fichtner
5. "Plans are nothing; planning is everything." — Dwight D. Eisenhower
6. "Lay plans for something big by starting it when small." — Lao Tzu
7. "Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." — Gloria Steinem
8. "Never begin the day until it is finished on paper." — Jim Rohn
9. "Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which me must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success." — Pablo Picasso
10. "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." — Benjamin Franklin
11. "The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining." — John F. Kennedy
12. "Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." — Tom Landry
13. "If Plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters — 204 if you're in Japan." — Claire Cook
14. "If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else." — Yogi Berra
15. "A goal without an action plan is a daydream." — Nathaniel Branden
16. "Someone is shitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." — Warren Buffet5
17. "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers
18. "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first hour sharpening the axe." — Abraham Lincoln
19. "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark." — Howard Ruff
20. "Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan." — Margaret Thatcher
21. "A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power." — Brian Tracy
22. "Always have a plan, and believe in it. Nothing happens by accident." — Chuck Knox
23. "Let our advance worrying because advance thinking and planning." — Winston Churchill
24. "Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance." —Stephen Keague
25. "Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort." — Paul J. Meyer
26. "Whatever failures I have known, whatever errors I have committed, whatever follies I have witnessed in private and public life have been the consequence of action without thought." — Bernard Baruch
27. "At all times it is better to have a method." — Mark Cane
28. "When schemes are laid in advance, it is surprising how often circumstances will fit in with them." — William Osler
29. "If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life." — Abraham Maslow
30. "Somewhere there is a map of how it can be done."
Want more inspiring blog posts? Check out these ones:
- The Best Bullet Journal Tools to Stock Up On Now
- How to Do a 'Brain Dump'
- 25 Morning Journaling Prompts to Empower You to Have the Best Day Ever