It can be easy to get into the habit of going through the motions versus actually living a life with intention. That's where using intentional living quotes can help guide us and get us back on the path.
In our daily devotional, journaling, and meditation practices, we can use intentional quotes as powerful reminders of how we want to be living life. We are all on our own personal growth journeys. And putting sincere effort and having high intentions for our daily steps in our journey is no small task. These quotes can also help us find happiness in our daily lives.
Sometimes looking at someone else's life can inspire us to make changes. But also comparing ourselves too closely to someone else can be a distraction. These are some of our favorite intentional living quotes from inspiring people throughout history.
Inspirational Quotes about Intentional Living
Let these 30 quotes serve as the reminder that the right mindset can make all the difference - even the tiniest meaningful actions amount to noticeable positive changes over time.
1. "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come." — Zig Zagler
2. "Relax, recharge, and reflect. Sometimes it's OK to do nothing." — Izey Victoria Odiase
3. "Things do not change, we change." — Henry David Thoreau
4. "Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Chose without regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is." — Mary Ann Radmacher
5. "Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink in the wild air." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. "Make a commitment to grow daily." — John C. Maxwell
7. "I've learned that people will will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." — Maya Angelou
8. "Intention is one of the most powerful forces there is. What you mean when you do a thing will always determine the outcome. The law creates the world." — Breanna Yovanoff
9. "Act is if what what you do makes a difference. It does." — William James
10. "Intentional days create a life of purpose." — Adrienne Enns
11. "When your intention is clear, so is the way." — Alan Cohen
12. "The future depends on what you do today." — Mahatma Ghandi
13. "Living with intention means ... saying yes to what matters most." — Crystal Paine
14. "The busier you are, the more intentional you must be." — Michael Hyatt
15. "For there is always light, if only we're brave enough to see it." — Amanda Gorman
16. "Every action has an impact, choose wisely the impact you want to have." — Mindy Hall
17. "Intentional living is the art of making our own choices before others' choices make us." — Richie Norton
18. "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." — Art Williams
19. "When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier." — Roy E. Disney
20. "The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new." — Socrates
21. "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." — Arthur Ashe
22. "From the spark might burst a flame" — Dante
23. "I don't have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness — it's right in front of me if I'm paying attention and practicing gratitude." — Brene Brown
24. "The key is not to prioritize your schedule but schedule your priorities." — Steven Covey
25. "Wherever you are, be all there." — Jim Elliot
26. "Life isn't a matter of milestones, but moments." — Rose Kennedy
27. "Instead of working so hard to make ends meet, work on having fewer ends." — Courtney Carver
28. "Every action has an impact, choose wisely the impact you want to have."
29. "Life itself is a privilege, but to live life to the fullest, well — that is a choice." — Andy Andrews
30. "Make you life a meaningful one." — Sunday Adelaja
Using Quotes Can Inspire Us to Change our Thinking
Making a conscious effort to live with intentionality takes practice. It takes making mindful decisions in our everyday life and throughout our daily actions to ultimately change unintentional behavior. Using wisdom quotes, motivational quotes, and intention quotes is a wonderful way to learn and practice this type of positive thinking.
Be encouraged that just one small positive thought in place of a negative one is a wise choice.
Want more great blog posts and amazing quotes? Give these ones a read: