30 Journaling Prompts to Help You Live With Intention
Leigh Weingus •
"Live with intention" is the beginning of a famous Mary Anne Radmacher quote of advice on how to live a big, fulfilling life. And it's safe to say that living with intention is something many of us aspire to.
But in the hustle bustle of every day life, we get tired. We get dragged down. We get distracted. We'd rather curl up with Netflix and takeout after a long day than spend our night doing something intentional that will ultimately benefit us more in the long run.
If this sounds familiar to you and you want to live your life with more intention going forward, we're here to help you on that journey. Start with these 30 journaling prompts.
30 Journaling Prompts for Living With Intention
1. What is your definition of success?
2. What does your nighttime routine currently look like, and does it reflect your values?
3. What is your greatest abundance?
4. List three people in your life whom you'd like to spend more time with.
5. What can you do today that your future self will thank you for?
6. What does "intentional living" mean to you?
7. If you could change just one thing about your daily routine, what would it be?
8. What matters most to you?
9. What can you let go of and say no to?
10. What do you believe about yourself?
11. What's one belief you have about yourself that's damaging?
12. What things are part of your week that you could take out of the equation to have more quality time to yourself?
13. How do you currently spend your spare time, and are you happy with that?
14. When you engage with social media, do you feel that you're living with intention? (It's OK if this answer is nuanced).
15. Name five things you want to accomplish in the new month.
16. What does your current routine looks like, and how can you adjust it so your day feels more intentional?
17. Have any fears ever held you back from achieving your dreams?
18. Who in your life inspires you?
19. Do you have a regularly journaling practice? What kind of journaling do you do?
20. What are some of the most effective ways you've learned to deal with negative feelings?
21. Do you believe you can learn anything valuable from feelings of jealousy?
22. Think about your typical week. When do you experience the most joy?
23. If you were to speak to yourself like you do your best friend, what would you say?
24. What encourages you to make healthy decisions?
25. What are you afraid will happen if you fail at something?
26. How do you typically cope with loss or grief?
27. What's an attitude you can change right now?
28. Who do you feel you have strong personal connections with?
29. Is letting go difficult for you?
30. How do you feel when you're taking the best possible care of your body, and what's stopping you from doing it more?
What Does Living With Intention Actually Mean?
Living with intention means living in a way that is truly aligned with your values. That means that most of the time—not all the time, we're all human!—you spend your time with the people you love most and do things that are aligned with your values.
In our distraction-filled world, living with intention isn't always easy. But taking pen to paper and journaling with these prompts in mind can help you better understand what your values are, and how to best live them out.
Want more inspiring journaling prompts? Give these blog posts a read: