While Memorial Day Weekend may be the unofficial start of summer, June is when we truly welcome this festive, sunny season, solstice and all.
As the days grow longer and we look forward to what's ahead—summer vacations, barbecues, beach days, and the list goes on—it can help to look to quotes to help you get excited and prepared for the joyous season ahead. Start with these 30 quotes.
30 June Quotes
1. "I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June."
– L.M. Montgomery
2. "Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun." — Brian Wilson
3. “Summer bachelors like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” ― Nora Ephron
4. "To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June."
– Jean-Paul Sartre
5. "Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you." — Langston Hughes
6. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” ― John Steinbeck
7. "June is the pearl of summer, shining with warmth and joy." - L.M. Montgomery
8. "Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier." — Zooey Deschanel
9. "It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside."
– Maud Hart Lovelace
10. “Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.” ― George R.R. Martin
11. "Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it." — Russell Baker
12. "In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different."
– John Steinbeck
13. "If you can't stand the heat, don't go to Cancun in the summer." — Ben Stein
14. "In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." — Albert Camus
15. "And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days." - John Keats
16. "June is a love song written by nature." - Patience Strong
17. "June is the time for dreams to take flight and soar into reality." - Emma Racine de Fleur
18. “If it could only be like this always—always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe and Aloysius in a good temper...” ― Evelyn Waugh
19. "June is the gateway to summer." - Jean Hersey
20. "Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." — Henry James
21. "What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will never fade." - Gertrude Jekyll
22. "June is the elixir of life." — L.M. Montgomery
23. "Summer is very precious." — Dylan Lauren
24. “And since all this loveliness cannot be Heaven, I know in my heart it is June.” – Abba Woolson
25. “It’s a cruel season that makes you get ready for bed while it’s light out.” – Bill Watterson
26. “Do not the bright June roses blow to meet thy kiss at morning hours?” – William C. Bryant
27. “In June, as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them.” – Aldo Leopold
28. “The castle grounds were gleaming in the sunlight as though freshly painted; the cloudless sky smiled at itself in the smoothly sparkling lake, the satin-green lawns rippled occasionally in a gentle breeze: June had arrived.” – J.K. Rowling
29. “June is the time for being in the world in new ways, for throwing off the cold and dark spots of life.” — Joan D. Chittister
30. “There are two seasons when the leaves are in their glory, their green and perfect youth in June and this their ripe old age.” — Henry David Thoreau
Want more great blog posts? Give these ones a read: