Sometimes the most beautiful quotes are short and simple life quotes in one line. Quotes can be a great way to get inspired and gain perspective for our daily lives.
Even though the most meaningful quotes are often said by someone else whose life story we may not know, they can be so relatable. And can help us embrace simplicity as we live life.
Positive, simple life quotes can help us focus our intentions
Simple life quotes that are just one line are purposefully short. They can help us focus on a single concept and really use it to manifest our own intentions and goals. Plus, another great thing about these quotes is that they’re easy to write in a journal, quick to jot down in a planner, or post on a bulletin board. Wherever you need a boost of inspiration for your daily life, these inspirational quotes can have a positive impact on your day.
Whether you’re looking for motivational quotes, short inspirational quotes, love quotes, life quotes, or just simplicity quotes, there is a quote for you in this list!
72 Short and Simple Life Quotes
These one-liner quotes can apply to so many different aspects of your life. The best quotes for helping us embrace the essence of life and live simply are sometimes the shortest.
It can be a short quote about love, a one-line quote about life, or just a beautiful, simple life quote. Regardless of what the quote may be about, you can take it and use it as powerful inspiration in your daily life. Plus, one of the great things about these quotes is that they can all relate to personal development and growth somehow.
- “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Normality is a paved road: it’s comfortable to walk but no flowers grow.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “It always seems impossible until it's done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The time is always right to do what is right” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one”. – Dolly Parton.
- “Live a simple life; you will own the most beautiful treasures of the world!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “A simple life gives birth to more clarity, inner peace and meaningful relationships.” – Margo Vader
- “Because you are alive, everything is possible.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are going.” – Oliver Wendall Holmes Jr.
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
- "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” – Lucille Ball
- “Lead from the heart, not the head.” – Princess Diana
- “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.” – Reba McEntire
- “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart. – Basil Rathbone
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.” – Jean Vanier
- “I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it.” – Serena Williams
- “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” – Maya Angelou
- “I have never been hurt by what I have not said.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” – LeBron James
- “Decisions without actions are worthless.” – W. Clement Stone
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
- “Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
- “If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
- “I don’t need it to be easy, I need it to be worth it.” – Lil Wayne
- “To live will be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Pan
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.” – Drake
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “It hurt because it mattered.” – John Green
- “I have nothing to lose but something to gain.” – Eminem
- “A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world.” – Atticus
- “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” – Rumi
- “Whatever you do, do it well”. – Walt Disney
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
- “If you can't do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
- “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The life of wisdom must be a life of contemplation combined with action.” – Scott Peck
- “May the clouds in your life be only a background for a lovely sunset.” – Irish Saying
- “Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate.” – Amit Ray
- “Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little.” – Marguerite Gardiner
- “The simplest things are often the truest.” – Richard Bach
- “Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “The biggest asset in the world is your mindset.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “Learn to live with less so that you appreciate more.” – James Ryan
- “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” – Anne Frank
- “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
- “Learning is a weightless treasure you can always carry easily.” – Chinese Proverb
- “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
- “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” – Johnny Depp
- “If I’m gonna tell a real story, I’m gonna start with my name.” – Kendrick Lamar
- “Change the world by being yourself.” – Amy Poehler
- “Tomorrow is now.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.” – Unknown
- “I live a beautiful life with fewer things—simple, yet full.” – Laurie Buchanan, PhD
- “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
We hope our collection of positive quotes, some simple living quotes, some about the beauty and zest of life, inspire you this week!
If you like quote hauls, check out the other ones we have on the blog:
- New Week New Goals Quotes for Your Monday Motivation!
- 35 Quotes About Overcoming Fear
- 90 Daily Habit Quotes for Positive Mindset
And for other topics on personal development, self-care, manifestation, journaling, and more, head over to the Silk+Sonder blog!
A journal inspired by positive psychology, bullet journal techniques, and proven self-help layoutsShop Now